DX Cloud Tags Reference – Alerting
This document is a reference guide to the rules provided in DX Cloud Tags for sending alerts.
You can set up email alerts to be sent to one or more recipients when you a script takes longer than you normally expect to load. This helps you be proactive in reacting to changes in 3rd-party scripts that might have introduced a performance problem or functional issue.
You can create rules that specify
- the Root domain of the tag(s) you want to alert on; currently this is the only way to specify the scope of what you want to set up the alert for.
- a Threshold in milliseconds – the number of milliseconds above which you consider the resource is taking too long to load.
- an Aggregate percentile – what percentage of requests this threshold is exceeded for, from a pulldown offering values 50th, 90th, 95th, and 99th.
- a Duration window – how long you want the system to wait while the threshold and percentile remain in this state before an alert is sent, from a pulldown offering values 10m, 15m, 30m, 60m, 90m, or 120m).
- the Alert notification email list: enter one of more email addresses to which the alert is to be sent when triggered.
Creating rules is described in detail in Configuring Tag Control Rules in the Portal.
Rules to exert control over tags are described in DX Cloud Tags Reference – Control.