The customer portal provides a standard set of analytics pre-developed by Instart based on common customer needs. Log delivery provides customers who want it with access to the raw information underlying those analytical tools, and therefore the flexibility to use whatever tools or methods you wish to ask different questions of that data or to integrate into other internal systems.
When enabled, Instart's log delivery capability periodically delivers log files to a destination of your choosing.
We will need the following information to set up Log Delivery:
- SFTP/SCP/FTP account
- Login credentials
- IP address or FQDN of the remote server
Instart supports both RSA and DSA authentication.
If you request log delivery, you can choose to have logs delivered using the defaults, or you can request customizations. By working with the Support team, you can request changes in the following areas:
- Selection of specific additional log fields (for example, time_to_first_byte_ms, time_to_last_byte_ms)
- Custom ordering of fields in delivered logs
- Quoting of specific fields
- Insertion of custom prefixes before field values
- Selecting the delivery interval (the default is 1 hour, but can be set to 30 minutes, 15 minutes, or 5 minutes)
- Selecting the delivery mechanism (FTP, SFTP, or Amazon Web Services S3 bucket)
If you have any questions, please contact Support.