Can Instart use geographical information to customize handling of requests?
Yes. We use the MaxMind GeoIP2 City database to find this information from the request's IP address. Available information includes
- country code/name (for example, US, USA, or United States
- city name (for example, Mountain View)
- continent code (for example, NA for North America)
- DMA region code, also known as metro code (for example, 807 for Mountain View, CA)
- Latitude (for example, 37.419200897216797)
- Longitude (for example, -122.05740356445312)
- region code/name (for example, CA)
- postal code (for example, 94043)
This information can be used for purposes like
- serving different content based on the country code
- segregating cached objects based on geographical location
- passing geographical information in a request header to your origin server
If you would like to use these geographic information capabilities, please contact Support for assistance.